It’s time to spruce up the kitchen, and getting a new countertop makes a splashy impression. It is the first thing people see when they enter your kitchen. When chosen mindfully, the right counter brings a room together harmoniously. Porcelain supports the feel of your kitchen, too. Can anyone say “ambiance?”
If you were to ask someone you know what they think of first when talking about durable countertops, most people answer quartz or granite. We stock both here at LGS, along with several other options. Going one step further, you can get your porcelain countertop professionally installed in Buck’s County, PA, by LGS as well.
But what about Porcelain? There are many reasons for considering this material. For one, it’s stronger than you think. It’s actually stronger than granite! It’s also a type of surface that never goes out of style. Upgrading your kitchen is an investment, so you want something that lasts.
While a relative newcomer in the countertop industry, porcelain countertops often appear on “top ten” type lists. For the busy homeowner in Bucks County, PA, porcelain doesn’t require heavy-duty maintenance. Just wipe it off with water and a paper towel.
Every type of countertop material has its strengths and weaknesses. Porcelain can crack, but it takes a blunt force (don’t use a meat cleaver on it). There are limits on what type of edge you can put on it. The standards like beveled work, as does miter. Depending on where you shop, you may suffer a little sticker shock with porcelain because the fabrication process is tricky. Even saying this, you’ll find the pros of porcelain countertops outweigh the drawbacks.
Let’s take a closer look
- Color variety. Colors can be added to porcelain during fabrication. That means you can get one that looks like marble, wood, or steel (for example).
- Durability. Porcelain is hard and strong.
- Easy maintenance. It is nonporous and stain resistant. Besides water, you can use gentle spray cleaners to get rid soap scum.
- Enduring color: Porcelain resists prolonged UV damage.
- Green: Porcelain comes from sustainable materials and can be recycled
- Heat endurance. Because porcelain fabrication uses very high temperatures, it handles heat other surfaces cannot. The hot pan that accidentally lands there will not leave a mark.
- Lightweight, making installation easier.
- Low water absorption (meaning you don’t have to run to clean up spilled juice)
- Scratch resistant
We at LGS are proud of our certified installers and fabricators for porcelain. You’ll be hard-pressed to find other companies that have this certification. We don’t keep porcelain in stock. Rather we work with you to find the color you want. If you take a look at the LGS Gallery, you’ll see the kind of professional and beautiful results from quality workmanship.
If you’d like to learn more, you can use our online CONTACT form or call 215-491-7814 to schedule an appointment.