Porcelain is an excellent choice for homeowners who wish to update the countertops in their home. It is durable, easy to maintain, and heat and water-resistant. It will improve the aesthetics of your kitchen or bathroom. This article will discuss all the things you need to know about porcelain countertops for Bucks County, PA residents.
What are Porcelain Countertops?
Porcelain is a vitrified pottery material, meaning heat has been applied to convert it to a glass-like material. It has an opaque appearance. Impurities like silica, mineral oxides, and feldspar enhance its aesthetic appeal.
When the material is used for countertops, it is coated in a pigmented glaze. The pigment provides the appearance of marble or natural stone.
Benefits of Porcelain Countertops in Bucks County, PA
- Heat Resistance: Porcelain’s heat resistance means you can place hot pots and pans directly on the countertop.
- Durability: Porcelain has a hardness equivalent of 7. It ranks close to diamonds. It is 30% stronger than porcelain. Its durable structure also means it’s scratch-resistant.
- Low Water Absorption: Porcelain is almost impervious to water. It has an absorption rate of 5%. So, you don’t have to worry about stains absorbing into the surface.
- Low Maintenance: Porcelain’s non-porous and stain-resistant properties make it easy to maintain. You don’t even have to seal it.
- Light Resistant: Porcelain is UV light resistant. It won’t fade or discolor with light exposure.
- Versatile Style Choices: Porcelain can be engineered to feature a variety of colors and patterns. You can choose from marble, wood grain, concrete, and rusted steel finishes to attain the ideal aesthetic.
- Easy to Install: Porcelain may seem like a heavy, thick material, but it is lightweight and easy to install. Extra-large porcelain slabs have fewer seams, so installation is even easier. It will save you on installation costs.
- Environmentally Friendly: Porcelain is an all-natural product made of raw and clay materials. It is 100% recyclable.
Porcelain vs. Quartzite Countertops in Bucks County, PA
Both quartzite and porcelain are attractive, versatile, and elegant countertop choices. Here are some factors to consider to choose between the two.
- Durability: Both quartzite and porcelain have a 7-hardness rating. The materials are equally durable and scratch-resistant.
- Cost: Porcelain is less expensive than quartzite. However, applied finishes can mimic various natural stones.
- Thickness: Quartzite is thicker than porcelain. Its thickness makes it more substantial, but it also makes it harder to install.
Let’s Get Stoned is the Optimal Choice for Porcelain Countertops in Bucks County
Let’s Get Stoned is a leading provider of porcelain countertops Bucks County residents prefer. We back our products with a high level of customer service. We also provide a kitchen visualizer tool so customers can see their designs before they commit to them.
And LGS does more than porcelain countertops. We also provide granite, marble, quartz, and quartzite stone surfaces. We do tile, sinks, hardware, and cabinets.
Contact us to find the materials that get your home looking its best.